The Oral Microbiome – What’s new?
In this webinar we will be exploring what the oral microbiome is and how important it is for the onset, progression and prognosis of oral diseases.
We will be looking at what bacteria are associated with some of the common oral diseases, how the oral microbiome is connected with general heath and systemic disease, as well as tips on how to get the oral microbiome in balance again. Lastly, we will be looking at how important regular professional prophylaxis is for oral microbiome symbiosis and the impact Guided Biofilm Therapy could have on the oral microbiome.
- What is the oral microbiome and how does it influence oral diseases?
- How can the oral microbiome impact general health and systemic diseases?
- What is oral microbiome symbiosis and what factors can influence the microbiome to go into dysbiosis?
- Which bacteria are associated with each oral disease (e.g caries, periodontal disease, peri implant disease)
- How can salivary testing help dental professionals manage oral diseases
- How can regular professional prophylaxis impact the oral microbiome