Technology has allowed dental implants to be more accessible to patients, which can improve their oral health. As oral health care practitioners, Hygienists play a pivotal role in maintaining implants. Fundamental knowledge of implant components, mechanism and debridement materials are central for achieving comprehensive and individualized patient care.
This lecture is intended for clinicians involved with the assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation of implant components, instrumentation and overall impact on oral health.
- Assessment: Describe Peri-implant disease. What clinical parameters are relevant for assessing implants? Learn the criteria for producing a diagnostic radiograph. Discuss the evidence to risk assessments.
- Diagnosis: Learn how to identify with the current AAP (2018) classification.
- Planning: Create individualized care plans for healthy and diseased peri-implant infections.
- Implementation: Describe the various materials used to debride healthy and disease peri-implants. Identify the concepts needed to effectively and safely debride implants.
- Evaluation: Describe the complications, referral and recall intervals for individualized care.
Release date: Monday 28th June, 2021, 07:00 PM
Tribune Group GmbH is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider.
ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry. Tribune Group designates this activity for 1 continuing education credits.
This continuing education activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the standards of the ADA Continuing Education Recognition Program (ADA CERP) through joint efforts between Tribune Group GmbH and Dental Tribune International GmbH.